Aug 2, 2011

Village People...Please give me Drink for the Spirit of Cricket

The Silence after a Defeat in a Battle

Hic….Hic…I am drowning in spirit of Cricket one day the bridge falling over my head the next. Are we in a shithole or what of failing like that? Before all that let me give you First a ode for Dhoni for his day 3 act (or was it for the award) -
Dhoni bhai Dhoni bhai, where have you been?
“I have been to London to look at the queen.”
Dhoni bhai Dhoni bhai, what did you there?
“I ringed up a bell to bring back spirit of cricket.”
And this act followed by lack-luster field placement over the two days and it looked a whole different Indian team.
I heard once that character is tested when pushed back to the walls… and the time now has come to test the character, of not only Dhoni but of this aging Indian team. I dread to think what will happen when Dravid, VVS and Sachin retires… and we Indian may begin to realize that something similar to the West Indies team (at least in Test matches) will happen.
A fifth day pitch, and the way we were playing was like in Perth Australia facing Andy Roberts, Joel Garner, Amrose, Walsh…and other great fast bowlers. May be we need more SUPER…SUPER….MADRAS…UPAR RAJA PLAYERS in the team, what say Mr. Owner, Dis-Creamator and De-Selector!!!!!! Time to bring in some from the emerging player tournament, and give them more practice.  Ranji champions of the country have players in the national test team, and it is good exercise to study this trend. Puraja, Badrinath…please return quickly.
Anirudh…Raina…Yuvaj getting out was a sight to watch. Even Courtney Walsh and Murli would have played (in fact would be an insult to them). The fact of the matter was there was no plan of action. Like passing the baton, and going for another fund raising activities.
Rise up team India…Rise up… otherwise Suresh Kalmadi with dementia, will be forgot and say he Chairman of the B.C.C.I one day!
So I beg for the ex players to take action off-field also and tame this power hungry politicos. 

And now another ode this time for B.C.C.I and Dhoni!
London Bridge is broken down,
Falling down, falling down.
London Bridge is falling down,
My not so fair B.C.CI.

Build it up with wood and clay, (no new crop of test players, only Super Duper)
Wood and clay, wood and clay,
Build it up with wood and clay,
My not so fair B.C.CI.
Wood and clay will wash away, (Out by Bouncers)
Wash away, wash away,
Wood and clay will wash away,
My not so fair B.C.CI.

Silver and gold from IPL,
From IPL, From IPL,
Silver and gold will be stolen away,
My not so fair B.C.CI.

Set a man to watch all night,
Watch all night, watch all night,
Set a man to watch all night,
My not so fair B.C.CI.

Suppose the man should fall asleep,
Fall asleep, fall asleep,
Suppose the man should fall asleep?
My not so fair B.C.CI.
Disclaimer Number Alpha 403853: A frustrated fan trying to live in the past of glory. Number one, not in ads and hard liquor drink ads (thank you Sachin for that…still avoiding that). No harm meant. B.C.C.I here is acronym for Bank of Credit International and Commerce, Dhoni is a fictionous person and so is the writer and the blog, and the world. (see what the new IT act is doing to me)

No comments:

Post a Comment